Developer Faux-Operative Games based in the Santa Barbara, CA area released a trailer for its new action rogulike game; Ruins of the Reckless. In the new trailer—which is the same trailer as the previous before—only this time we’re treated to brand new and improved scenes with less screen-shake and more co-op action. Also, since its release back on April 26th, the game has received positive reviews based on Steam’s User Review Ranking system—which for those that know how Steam works—that’s saying something really nice.
See the game’s overview by Faux-Operative Games down below, along with its brand new “enhanced” trailer up above.
Since the beginning of time, or maybe longer, this place has been here. It is a beacon of sorts, attracting the souls of those who both lived and died with recklessness in their hearts. Bound by some unknown force, these wayward spirits cannot leave. And so they remain… With time their souls will rot. They will fade away and they will be forgotten. But even here there is hope… A legend whispered among the ghosts and specters. That any spirit to reach the tower’s peak will be granted one wish…
Ruin of the Reckless is a 2D retro-styled, fast-paced roguelike brawler focusing on melee combat. With light progression elements and a challenging difficulty curve, players can choose Stargrove or Stella to fight their way through a mysterious randomly generated tower, home to the most reckless of spirits. Explore the nuances of twin stick brawler gameplay, experiment with your attacks, and unleash screen clearing spells that obliterate your opponents. Ruin of the Reckless is a highly replayable and challenging game where the more you risk, the more you gain – if you survive…
- Explore a detailed, mysterious, randomly-generated tower that changes with each ascent. Discover its purpose and see your one true wish granted… If you get that far, that is…
- Bring your friends for co-op fast-paced fun, either as Stargrove or Stella – each with a unique wish and corresponding ending.
- Speed through the environment at lightning pace, crush giant hordes of enemies in melee-focused combat. Upgrade your weapons, find new equipment, level up, brave the challenge of The Tower.
- Accessible and easy to pick up and play, but the higher you climb the tower, the harder it gets.
- Mix and match different ‘ability orbs’ as you level up! Save slots for later orbs, but don’t be too careful… Fortune favors the reckless!
- Music by Slime Girls and Protodome
Ruins of the Reckless is now available on PC, for $14.99 USD.
For the latest in Gaming News & Articles — check us out at our Official Twitter Page.