Today developer Studio Wildcard introduced their hit game Ark: Survival Evolved with a brand new update—the game is also on an incredible Steam Sale of 68% off. The new patch version V258 adds a flood of new features that’ll introduce twice as much the thrill and strategy for Ark.
We start off with the five new creatures that’ll be added in the game titled; Hyaenodon Dirus. A carnivore found in the mountains or in the tundras, they’re also incredibly intelligent species—so you’ll need to play it smart when encountering this beast. Megatherium Formipavor is a large herbivore, goes about eating insects found on the game’s island. Megalania Muruspede is a strong claw creature which can scale up on the sides of the Island’s cave systems. Hesperornis Avenatantes, a bird-like creature that can be found in the rivers or lakes. Finally, the Yutyrannus Saevus, a feathered creature that resembles much to the T-Rex.
The new update will also introduce toilets—yes you’ve read correctly. When players are in need of letting loose, toilets would give the player a “refreshing buff” which will award the player with an experience boost.
A new vehicle and weapon have also been added. The new weapon being introduced is a harpoon, as with the vehicle, it is of a motorized speedboat which can be used to go underwater.
Down below is the complete list of newly added features along with what’s been patched. Check out its new update trailer down below also:
* New Weapon: Harpoon Gun (& Tranq Bolts for the Harpoon Gun)
* New Dino: Hyaenodon
* New Dino: Hesperonis
* New Dino: Megatherium
* New Dino: Megalania
* New Dino: Yutyrannus
* New Vehicle: Gas-powered speedy Motorboat
* New Structure: Interactive Toilet
* 2 New Hairstyles
* Memory reductions, texture memory & mesh optimization.
* Greater Achievement set, with various cosmetics, hairstyles, & emotes unlocked as you get Achievements.
* New client Options to disable giving cosmetics on respawn, and to disable menu music tracks.
* Re-added the ATV vehicle as work-in-progress “easter egg” for singleplayer and custom servers
* Massive update to Primitive+
* Fixed various gameplay exploits and edge cases.
* Direwolf now has pack logic with pack buff
* Fixed bug where Alpha Wild creatures were sometimes improperly buffing enemy (tamed) creatures
* Updated various new UI’s to the new style
* 66 new Explorer Notes! (between The Island and ScorchedEarth)
* Ballista/Harpoon Bolt now has significant piercing properties akin to the Composite Arrow
* Redid The Island’s ambient sounds and various gameplay sound effects
* Explorer Notes subtitle option button, Explorer Notes translations are WIP
* Tek Projectiles now will not do any damage if they collide with a Structure after 5000 units distance (to balance against Auto-Turrets)
* Various misc map fixes
We’ve also come to know of the game’s new Steam sale that going for an incredible 68% off. That makes the game’s original price point of $29.99 drop down to only $9.59. The game’s Ark Survivors Pack bundle that includes the Scorched Earth Expansion Pack has been discounted by 73%, dropping its price point from $49.98 to a measly $13.58—a deal in which any gamer can agree upon. Quite honestly, if you’ve ever had the chance of trying out Ark on the PC, now is really your chance.
Ark: Survival Evolved launched back in June 2015 on the PC, with its Xbox One, and PS4 versions following the year later.