So, the guys over at Ideal Editions hit me up a few weeks back asking if I would like to take part in their closed beta to give them some feedback on their game, Backdrafts. Obviously, I said yes and I helped them out a bit in the beta. Now that the game is out in the iOS App Store, I thought I would spread the word by giving you some information on the game.
Description of Backdrafts
As quoted on their press kit:
“Be reincarnated as a young dragon in this original base-defense game, and defend both your life and your treasure. Assailed by humans who want to steal your ancestral wealth, evolve over many levels, reaching adulthood. Use your natural fireballs throwing abilities to annihilate hordes of humans, and discover many other extraordinary powers by diving in the heart of the action! Beware though: fire and blows will rain down on all and you won’t escape unharmed! You will have to be fast, clever and persevering to overcome countless waves of humans in order to be counted amongst the best players in the world!”
Features of Backdrafts
Backdrafts has quite some good features. Some of these include:
- A free game, simple gameplay, mixing base-defense and shoot’em up
- Capacities that evolve throughout the game
- Special powers to unlock next levels (and some surprises!) throughout history
- Many enemies with different behaviors and strategies to adapt to
- Combinations to use and link together to multiply your score
- A ranking by level to impose your superiority and achieve #1 rank worldwide
- 40 levels and many more are coming
- Available in: English, Spanish, French, Dutch. Upcoming languages: German, Italian, Portuguese.
Some Gameplay and Videos of Backdrafts
Here you can find a video of Backdrafts’ gameplay along with its trailer.
Information on the Developers
The developers of Backdrafts, Ideal Editions, started up back in 2008, and since then have made some board games as well as video games. Some of the games that they have made Kahmate and Backdrafts. For more information on them click here.
Backdrafts, the freemium mobile game, released on November 7th, and you can find it here. You might find a full review of the game here on Irrelevant Gamer in the near future. For more information on the game click here.