Enter the world of CyberSpace
Dreadlocks studios along with publisher Badland Indie announced the release date for their upcoming new game Dex. The cyberpunk side-scrolling 2D game is set to launch on July 8th for both PS4 and Xbox One.
Play as Dex, an AI on the quest to attain singularity, to which will make artificial intelligence surpass human intelligence. Enter the world of Harbor Prime an extensive city fill with countless villainy, corporate secrets, and Cyberspace warfare. The city will also be your home in upgrading Dex’s skill set, plus decide the fate of the NPC’s you meet along the way. Check out its trailer below, along with newly announced key features in the game.
THE WORLD OF DEX
The outskirts of the city are plagued by crime, poverty and filth, every day presents a new struggle for survival. The wealthier districts are full of skyscrapers and bustling businesses. However, beneath the sleek exterior, another war is going on — with powerful corporations constantly at each other’s throats. Woe to those who get caught in the crossfire.
- Rare mix of realism and creative vision: Realistic action, mature storyline, and complex character interactions mixed with hand-drawn characters, animations, locations, arcade-style melee combat, and an original conception of cyberspace.
- Multiple solutions to problems: Operate in cyberspace or everyday reality. Overcome obstacles using skills, weapons, or special equipment.
- Meaningful character progression choices: Will you be a silent assassin, a hacker, or a straightforward gunfighter? Improve your character and gear to unlock game-changing upgrades that reinforce and customize your play style.
- Unique hacking mechanic: Transfer your consciousness to your avatar, overcome intrusion countermeasures, take action, and return back to your body in a fraction of a second to see the results: deactivated turrets, overloaded devices, enemies with crippled implants…
- Neo-cyberpunk: Inspired by the cyberpunk novels of William Gibson and other classical cyberpunk authors — flavored with a contemporary concept of augmented reality.
- Rich game world and mindful level design: Visit diverse locations in Harbor Prime, a futuristic city complete with luxurious skyscrapers, rundown shanty towns, and seedy red light districts. Take part in street brawls, steal corporate data, overcome environmental hazards, and (of course!) try to stay alive.
- Full voice acting: Interactive dialogue using hand-drawn sprite animations — fully voice-acted by professional voiceover artists.
Dex launches July 8th for both Xbox One and PS4 for the retail price of $19.99. A PS Vita and Wii U versions have also been announced for later this year.