Overwatch Takes Game of the Year!
The Game Awards 2016 just came to a close and the winners for this year’s best in gaming are out.
Host Geoff Keighley and among various nominees that reach from industry and media professionals, audience via web, and a jury select decided what games were the best of the best for 2016. So it looks like Overwatch was granted the highest honor of the night—or year—as always, its all up to debate. Remember games are us, we play them, live them, love them, in the end, I believe the game that most captivated you is the game that receives its most highest honor.
Also, let’s not forget tonight Hideo Kojima was awarded the Industry Icon Award for his incredible life long achievements in gaming that span over 4 decades.
Here’s the complete list of the winners tonight:
- Game of the Year: Overwatch
- Best Studio/Game Direction: Blizzard Entertainment
- Best Narrative: Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End
- Best Art Direction: Inside
- Best Music/Sound Design: Doom
- Best Performance: Nolan North – Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End
- Games for Impact Award: That Dragon Cancer
- Best Independent Game:
- Best Mobile/Handheld Game: Pokémon Go
- Best VR Game: Rez Infinite
- Best Action Game: Doom
- Best Action/Adventure Game: Deishonored 2
- Best Role Playing Game: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Bloood & Wine
- Best Fighting Game: Street Fighter V
- Best Family Game: Pokémon Go
- Best Strategy Game: Civilization 6
- Best Sports/Racing Game: Forza Horizon 3
- Best Multiplayer Game: Overwatch
- Best eSports Player:Coldzera
- Best eSports Team: Cloud9
- Best eSports Game: Overwatch
- Trending Gamer: Boogie2988
- Most Anticipated Game: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Industry Icon Award: Hideo Kojima
For the latest in Gaming News & Articles, follow us at our Official Twitter Page.