The critically acclaim racing series Gran Turismo, held an event in London showcasing the next installment in the Gran Turismo series. Presented by the creator himself Kazunori Yamauchi, Gran Turismo Sport was announced as the next entry in the series, debuted with a stunning gameplay trailer along with a release date (Nov. 15). Plus, info on GT Sport’s Pre-order bonus details have also been announced.
GT Sport Gameplay Trailer | PS4
Mr. Yamauchi also detailed many of the new game’s features during his presentation, listed here:
- The game’s 137 cars at launch were created from scratch and include real and fantasy cars.
- 19 locations and 27 track layouts.
- The game’s offline component features 117 events distributed through the Beginner School, Circuit Experience, Mission Challenge, and Racing Etiquette modes.
- GT Sport’s Brand Central (formerly the Car Dealership) features a showroom along with video from the manufacturers.
- The Museum features a history timeline comparing the car’s history with other world events.
- Sport mode showcases the game’s online, competitive modes: The Manufacturer’s Fan Cup and Nations Cup.
- Both these Sport modes contain real-world components, including live commentary/broadcasts; real-world contests; and the chance to get a real FIA racing license.
- Your friends can see your progress through social channels, and you can also interface with the game via your smartphone and browser.
- Scrapes is the expanded photo mode – featuring 1,000 real-world spots at launch and the ability to put multiple cars into a single photo. Naturally, it includes various camera effects.
Here’s the complete presentation, presented by Playstation’s YT page.
Updated: Sony has also announced a Pre-order bonus that’ll include an add-on called the 3-Car Pack. It’ll include the Ford Mustang Group B Rally Car, Toyota FT-1 Vision GT Group 3 and Peugeot 908 HDi FAP LMP1. There would also be additional bonuses if Pre-orders are made through Amazon, Gamestop or the Playstation Store.