Developer SunBurned Games sent out a press release celebrating the release of their new game; The Great Whale Road. This new tactical RPG sets you in the Middle Ages and has the player go on Viking adventures from Denmark to England.
The game is split into two seasons: there’s winter, where the player must be devoted to strategic planning, managing crop, and other means. Summer focuses on exploring new areas and villages, along these endeavors you’ll stumble upon warriors ready to battle. The main play of the game is to search and conquer land and make your territory the land everyone should think twice when coming through.
Here are many of the game’s in-game features, check them out below. Also, check out the newly released trailer for the game.
- Storyline about the Danes from Úlfarrsted, a village on a small North Sea island just off the coast from the Danish-Saxon borderland.
- A story-driven campaign from the north of Denmark to the south of England.
- Character quests
- Character progression
- Equip characters with weapons and armour sets.
- Four combat classes and associated warcries.
- Land and sea combat environments.
- An event system which covers all areas of medieval life from farming to family feuds.
- Dynamic trade system.
- Ship and settlement upgrades.
The complete Danish campaign is now available (Early Access), this comes with brand new in-game enhancements. The adventure can also be played in German, Spanish, Italian, and English. A French translation is in the works.
The guys at Sunburned Games recently release a new in-game patch version 1.0.1 which fixes minor bugs that are listed below:
- Fix for the camera issue during combat (black or blue screen)
- Enemies no longer apply the shield break warcry on themselves
- Fixed a bug, which caused the AI not to end its turn
Sunburned Games are also looking into more camera issues that players have been reporting but the devs were unable to reproduce.
The Great Whale Road is available on Steam’s Early Access, the game launches globally on April 6th. Available for PC, Steam, and Linux.
For the latest in Gaming News & Articles, check us out at our Official Twitter Page.