Developer Iron Galaxy announced their upcoming new game; Extinction. Unfamiliar with Iron Galaxy, we’ll they’re widely known for their grand work on Killer Instinct, along with popular ported titles such as Borderlands: The Handsome Collection, BioShock Infinite, and tons more. Along with its announcement we’d received tons of newly released information and details regarding the upcoming new game.
Here’s the game’s press release that further illustrates what to expect along with the announcement trailer down below:
“As far back as anyone can remember, humanity has been at war with itself. For generations, kingdoms have fought amongst themselves while the real threat loomed in the distance. Legend calls them the Ravenii, encroaching armies of bloodthirsty monsters standing 150 feet tall that once threatened to destroy humankind. Now the threat has returned, and only those trained in the ways of the ancient order stand a chance at defeating the ogres. You are one of the world’s last Sentinels, a soldier named Avil equipped with the skills to battle the endless wave of Ravenii.
Fight massive brutes and their minions across a sprawling countryside, defending cities and rescuing refugees torn from their homes. Swiftly define your strategy as hordes attack from the ground and air. Use the dynamic skill-based combat system to your advantage, tactically disarming and dismembering enemies to go in for the kill. This is no longer a war. It is an annihilation. And you are all that stands between humanity…and extinction.”
The developers are released a list of its upcoming features based on the game’s unique play-style:
- Deep Story Campaign. Protect the human population across an abundant story campaign, rescuing as many civilians as possible and taking down brutal opponents.
- Dynamic Side Missions. Complete numerous side missions with various objectives, earning upgrades to aid you in your campaign.
- Skill-Based Combat. Travel horizontally and vertically, perform wall runs, and use your whip as a vault to perform devastating air assaults. Master dynamic combat maneuvers to effectively traverse the giant beasts and expose their weak points, progressing along different skill trees to develop a path best suited to your playstyle.
- Interactive Environment. Move freely around a fully destructible environment, and use objects throughout the world to your strategic advantage.
- Innumerable Battle Scenarios. Every battlefield is different from the last, ensuring a unique combat situation each time you play.
- Custom Battles. Create custom battlegrounds with varied objectives, and challenge players online to compete for the top score.
- Extinction Mode. Fight off a continuous horde of assailants as wave after wave of ogres and their minions attack without relent.
The surprising big name behind the making of this game is none other than Kraig Kujawa, well known Game Director for such games as Batman: Arkham Origins and Bionic Commando—a personal game series favorite. Mr. Kujawa released the following statement along with today’s announcement:
“Extinction is absolutely relentless. We’re really happy with the fast, fluid feel of the game and we’re looking forward to showing it behind closed doors at E3.”
Maximum Games Executive Producer Derek Neal also provided his own comment:
“As the protagonist tasked with a huge undertaking – both in fighting enormous ogres and saving humans from disaster – each player’s experience will be varied, as the landscapes and battle situations are never identical.”
Extinction launches sometime in Early 2018 for PS4, Xbox One, and PC