With one of the biggest games to hit 2017 this year, its a bit odd however pleasing to finally see a new expansion coming its way. Playerunknown’s Battlegrounds is set to receive a widely anticipated new map titled; Miramar, a secluded desert area filled with various mountain tops, small towns, and a wide landscape of dirt and sand.
The studio behind its development PUBG Corps explained “we wanted to go the opposite direction of having lush fields and forests”, meaning Miramar would be a “harsh and unforgiving desert”. They also point out that old strategies might not be useful in the new map, making sure players come up with unique ways of taking out their targets—after all, it is a Battle Royal.
Unfortunately, we’re still to receive a showcase of the new map, however, PUBG Corps did release new images and descriptions of many of the key areas of Miramar, which you can check out below:
- The largest city in the region, Los Leones features ample shopping, a skyline filled with new construction, and a glorious, golden-hued City Center. Players should secure high vantage points by exploring the numerous construction sites, and loot for gear in the cavernous, abandoned commercial buildings.
- El Pozo is a city known for its large industrial and entertainment districts. Players can test themselves against all comers in the Luchador Arena, put their motorcycle skills to the test In the death bowl, or hunt in the ruins of the long dead textile factories.
- Monte Nuevo is the picture of a town besieged. Ramshackle walls built to protect its residents now allow players ample cover to explore the well-stocked compound.
Valle del Mar
- Valle del Mar is a colorful oceanside town bisected by the De Toro bridge. To the West of the bridge is a quaint school, and to the East, a beautiful church. The key to holding this town is bridge control, as it’s the only direct route between mainland and the island.
- The shipping and transport capitol of Miramar, La Cobrería’s most prominent feature is it’s enormous Rail Yard. Here, players will hunt and be hunted among the half-buried cargo of a long dead industry. Careful players should loot the schools and campuses that dot this town before attempting to hold the Yard.
- San Martín is located just west of Hacienda Del Patrón. Checkpoints and barriers have transformed this once-quiet small town into a war zone. Both sides of the town have overlooks, so careful players should scout first, before charging into town.
- Once a tourist destination featuring the largest casino in the region, Pecado continues to thrill players to this day with its mix of high-value loot and dangerous sightlines. Aggressive players will immediately loot the Arena and Casino, but savvy players should check out the 4 story hotels between them.
- Chumacera is the husk of Miramar’s once thriving textile industry. Long abandoned factories overlook a main road lined with residential and commercial buildings. Verticality in both the buildings and terrain make this town an exciting location to loot- high risk, high opportunity!
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds is now available on PC and launches on Xbox One on December 12th.