Publisher 505 Games and developer 34BigThings announced the official launch date for the upcoming pod racing game; Redout. The game launches on August 29th in NA and in Europe on Aug. 31st. The game will come available both digitally and physically for $39.99 USD. We’re also going to be getting the game’s recent DLCs such as “Europa” and the newly added “Neptune” DLC. Publisher 505 games have also confirmed that the game will come set with 30 unique tracks, 6 different environments—all staged on a dystopian earth, and a brand new “split-screen” mode. Finally, 505 Games have also announced the game is currently in development for a Nintendo Switch version.
Check out the game’s overview via 505 Games along with its new announcemnt trailer down below:
Redout is a tribute to classic anti-gravity racing games. It is designed to be an uncompromising, fast, tough and satisfying driving experience, soaked in the sensory overload that stands at the core of the arcade racing genre. The floating system and driving models are based on an advanced physics model: each turn, slope, hard braking, acceleration, each turn and twist of the track will apply a unique force to the ship. A sharp low-polygon style blends meshes and terrains with the latest state-of-the-art shading and lighting effects provided by the Unreal Engine 4, creating beautiful and instantly recognizable aesthetics. Breezy coastlines, eerie frozen landscapes, vast desert plains: the melancholic, dystopian atmosphere of a semi abandoned Earth is the background for high-speed, tense and beautiful futuristic racing clashes.
UPDATED REDOUT FEATURES FOR PLAYSTATION 4 AND XBOX ONE CONSOLES:
- Multiplayer: Challenge up to 6 players from around the globe, or a friend – head-to-head – in the brand new split screen mode, to find out who the best Redout pilot is.
- Career mode: Carve out your path to glory with more than 100 different racing events, varying experience, and an array of challenging levels.
- Upgradable Ships: Invest in improving your Engine, Magnets, Structure and Energy to get your ship track-ready.
- See the world: Put the pedal to the metal on 30 different tracks scattered around 6 locations on a post-apocalyptic Earth. Challenge additional boss circuits to see what you are made of.
- 11 Event Types: Test your skills in 11 different events: Race, Pure Race, Time Attack, Pure Time Attack, Speed, Instagib, Survival, Score Based Endurance, Last Man Standing, Boss and Arena Race.
- Team up: Drivers will have their pick of 4 racing classes and 7 different racing teams, with each team requiring a different driving approach to make the cut.
- Power ups: To get that competitive edge, you have the option of 12 upgradable power-ups: additional turbo, shields, self-repair drone, advanced grip system, slipstream enhancers, and more.
For the latest in Gaming News & Articles — check us out at our Official Twitter Page.