Digital Extremes developers presented a demo presentation for their upcoming new planet update Plains of Eidolon for the widely popular free-to-play online game — Warframe. During the 22-minute presentation, developers highlighted many of the planet’s landscape, combat, caves, and tons of warrior-operator class info. Overall one impressive looking new landscape for the online game, developers have dedicated hours to create an immersive new map for players to really let loose in various new methods.
Here’s an overview from the Digital Extremes of what to expect in the game’s newest arena, including key features and the 22-minute demo down below:
Tenno will have the freedom to explore, fight, journey and fly through the open Landscapes – Warframe‘s first Open Zone – of Planet Earth in their own time, in their own way. Stepping into the rolling Plains of Eidolon, players will experience a rich landscape populated with both familiar and never-before seen creatures, enemies, a new Warframe, stunning vistas lit with a day/night cycle, and a gripping story told through interactive NPC characters who inhabit the bustling scavenger city of Cetus.
Key features in Plains of Eidolon include:
- Landscapes (Open Zones)
- Until now, Warframe missions have taken place in relatively closed environments. With the Plains of the Eidolon expansion, players will set foot in a vast natural landscape free to explore on their own terms.
- Meet the Inhabitants of Cetus
- Never before have Tenno encountered the faceless people whose lives they have saved, until now. Meet the Ostrons, a makeshift group of scavengers whose culture revolves around the grotesque harvesting of biomechanical tissue from long dormant Orokin Towers.
- Different Kind of Mission
- In addition to discovering and exploring, players will engage in an assortment of missions to find and assemble new Warframes and weapons, items and more. Expect to strap on Archwing for air travel and battle, and experiment with customizing and modding a Warframe like never before.
- Discover and Explore
- Plains of the Eidolon offers a sense of discovery, variety, and mystery that mixes several different environments and tones to create a deep sense of place. Experience a bristling new world in where the wind rustles across your Syandana and the age and size of giant Orokin structures ominously looms in the background. Earth will be more alive than ever before.
Warframe – Plains of Eidolon launches sometime later this year, available free-to-play on PS4, Xbox One, and PC.