Publisher DotEmu and developer Lizardcube released the launch trailer for their upcoming new game—which launches tomorrow— Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap. A remake of the 1989 Sega Master System classic Wonder Boy III: The Dragon’s Trap, DotEmu hopes players who’ve never venture with Wonder Boy back then can now see him in a new modern light with what looks like a fun, and animated action game. The game launches tomorrow on both PS4, Xbox One, and the Nintendo Switch, its PC version launches “weeks-ahead”
Here’s an official overview from the Publisher DotEmu—also see its launch trailer down below:
A good curse makes a good game (or so they say)! turned into a half-human, half-lizard monstrosity by the Meka-Dragon, a lonesome adventurer is facing the challenge of a lifetime! In search for a cure, our mutated anti-hero will explore the many traps of Monster Land… and defeat many stuff-throwing, curse-wielding dragons. How many more transformations can one hopeful body survive, as it turns into a Lizard, a Mouse, a Piranha, a Lion, and a Hawk… The six different forms of our shape-shifting hero make up the cast of this non-stop action-adventure platformer!
- A huge interconnected world!
- 6 playable forms for our shape-shifting hero, with different abilities!
- Dragons of all kinds! A Zombie Dragon! A Mummy Dragon! A Samurai Dragon!
- An eye-patch wearing shop-keeper pig who may or may not provide a sense of warmth and direction!
- Beautiful, hand-drawn animated graphics!
- A memorable soundtrack, based on Shinichi Sakamoto’s originals, re-imagined and recorded with classical instruments!
- Play as the game’s classic character, Hu-Man, or as his brand-new, long-awaited co-star Hu-Girl.
- Switch from modern graphics and sound to 8-bit graphics/audio at any time – even during gameplay!
- Enjoy 3 difficulty levels catering to players of all types!
For the latest in Gaming News & Articles check us out at our Official Twitter Page.